CONCRETE CAN BE AN ALMOST ETERNAL CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL WHEN UNDER A LIGHT STRAIN.
- SFS-EN 12390-3 Compressive strength of test specimens
- SFS-EN 12390-5 Flexural strength of test specimens
- SFS-EN 12390-7 Density of hardened concrete
- SFE-EN 12390-8 Depth of penetration of water under pressure
- by 72 Quality control of concrete 1, Determination of air-void-system parameters from thin sections.
- CEN/TS 12390-9 and CEN/TR 15177 Frost resistance, slab test
- SFE 5445 Tensile strength
- SFE 5446 Bond strength
- SFS 5447 Concrete. Freeze-thaw resistance
Other concrete testing
Tests for hardened concrete
- Splitting tensile strength of test specimens
Tests for block stones and slabs of concrete
- Measurement of a single specimen’s dimensions
- Salt-frost test
- Determination of water absorption
- Splitting strength
- Flexural strength and breaking load
- absolute humidity (p-%)
- relative humidity as a borehole measurement
Our biggest customer groups are manufacturers of concrete with their initial testing requirements. In addition to the traditional compressive strength, the typical tests in concrete testing are the determination of air-void-system parameters and frost resistance tests.
The compression strength testing of site test specimens has returned as a conformity testing practice very well. We can test the properties of hardened concrete in our laboratory, from both new and older concrete, as well as, for example, from paving blocks.
Most parts of concrete testing in our laboratory are FINAS accredited. The activity, which is included in the accreditation scope, is delivered upon request. You can always check our accreditation scope on the web pages, www.finas.fi. Our accreditation code is T307. An accreditation is an acknowledgement of the credibility of the results.
We can additionally perform tests on concrete’s aggregate requirements in our soil laboratory.
Concrete’s typical strains and damages can be caused by circumstances; moisture, cycles of freezing and thawing. The strains and the factor vary depending on the location and geographic directions. Concrete rebars are always in a big role in concrete investigations. The quality of rebars and the concrete cover have a big role inthe service life of the structure. Tests can be performed in the site or in our laboratory, when the samples are taken from the structure.
A timely condition investigation of a building’s concrete structures enables a more precise evaluation regarding the aging of structures, making it possible to maintain different structures on time. The repair costs remain moderate and the repair needs can be estimated well. For that reason, it is advisable to carry out a facade investigation before any damages become visible.
The structure’s age typically launches the need for investigation. Also, when the intended use of the building changes, it is necessary to analyze the condition of the structure due to possible changes caused by loading and strains.